Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Threads, beads, and fabric!


My second "On The Workdesk".
The metal tags are completed (pictures in Offerings Of Oddments.blogspot.com )and I am now working on a series of fabric ATC's made from gel transfers onto muslin.
This was a blast ! I set up The Boo in the bathtub with plastic reptiles while The Bug was sleeping. Then I proceeded to iron my little heart out ! With interesting results, some I loved and some I'm going to hide.
I also experimented with ironing pellon and WonderUnder to muslin then temporarily glueing the piece to cardstock and pulling it through the printer from the front with tweezers. That was difficult at first and we almost lost the printer, but I found if you roll the white gear to the side of the paper feed while lifting one of the front flaps the printer will grab on and feed it through itself.
I've seen some printable fabric sold through The Vintage Workshop.com, might be worth it if you have money and the patience to wait. I'll post a picture of those images, in addition to gratuitous cuteness of my kiddos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home